Effective Monday 14th, July 2014, all CONSULAR PAYMENTS must be made by MONEY ORDER or BANK CHEQUE/S made payable to the Embassy of Sierra Leone. Transactions will include and not limited to payments for Visas both normal and expedited, payments for Emergency Travelling Certificates, Authentication of Documents etc.
To obtain a Sierra Leone visa, you must do the following:
- Submit a completed visa application form with one recent passport size photograph (less than six months old.)
- A passport valid at least one year before the date of expiration. Passport must contain sufficient blank visa pages.
- Copy of travel itinerary or round trip ticket should be produced. In some instances, the consular office will invite applicants for interview.
- For applicants that are minors, both parents must sign the form, the child’s birth certificate attached and a notary public must notarize the form.
- If applicant is mailing the passport, an express prepaid self-addressed envelop should be enclosed. For applicants outside of the US are strongly advise to send a return UPS prepaid self-addressed envelop with tracking number. Cash is not accepted.
- A valid and up-to-date international certificate of vaccination (yellow fever).